Fruitbar is here to make the introduction to 40% keyboards as smooth as possible, and Round 2 improves on almost every aspect over the original round from Fruitykeeb.
Comes with a stacked acrylic case designed by 42. Keebs.
Some of the improvements for Round 2 are:
- Better layout support – supported layouts have been expanded to include better bottom row and split spacebar options, stepped caps lock, and improved ISO compatibility
- Factory-assembled PCB with integrated powerful RP2040 controller! Soldering and assembling your Fruitbar is easier than ever and takes less than half the time as Round 1
- Factory-assembled PCB – you only need to solder in switches of your choice, or install Mill Max switch sockets to make the PCB hotswappable
- Base kit compatibility! With almost every GMK and ePBT base kit including arrows and the extra 2.25u shift key, Fruitbar is compatible with the majority of your existing keycap sets!
- Full QMK/Vial support – comes pre-flashed with Vial for easy on-the-fly keymap modification using the Vial software
- Optional OLED screen – navigating layers can sometimes be hard on 40s, the OLED screen provides an easy and customizable readout of what layer is currently active
- Supports optional EC11 rotary encoder in the top right position
- RGB underglow can be added easily using a WS2812B LED strip
- Factory-assembled PCB (red soldermask, white silk screen printing, gold-plated contacts)
- Stacked acrylic case (switch plate, 2x mid plate, bottom plate)
- Screws and Standoffs
- Silicone feet
Required parts not included in the kit:
- 51-57x Cherry MX-compatible switches (depending on the layout)
- 0-1x 6.25u or 7u + 0-5x 2u PCB-mounted stabilizers (depending on the layout; plate-mounted stabilizers are not supported)
Optional add-ons available:
- 0.91″ OLED screen
- EC11 encoder
- Aluminium encoder knob
- EVA switch plate foam
Please note the pictures are slightly out of date – the OLED cutout is much larger to make it fit (the size of the actual OLED module).