Pteron36 Split Ergo 30% Keyboard Kit
Designed by Harshit Goel – GitHub repository.
This is the latest version 1.4 which doesn’t support Choc switches.
Build your very own custom split 30% keyboard from scratch!
- Split 10×3 + 4/6/8 (34-38 key) ergo layout
- 3 different possible thumb layouts with 2-4 keys on each side thanks to break-off tabs
- PCB supports Cherry MX-compatible and Alps switches
- Supports one EC11 rotary encoder in each half
- Supports optional OLED screens
- Easy to build – based on Pro Micro controllers (uses SMD diodes though)
- Tinned lead-free finish, black solder mask
Build guide in the GitHub repository
Warning: Does not support Mill Max sockets! The switch holes are too small.
- 2x main PCB
- 2x acrylic switch plate in a colour of your choice
- 2x acrylic bottom plate (in the same colour – or perhaps a different one? Leave a note if you’re feeling brave 😉 )
- 40x diode (through-hole or SMD)
- 2x TRRS socket
- 1x EC11 rotary encoder
- Standoffs and screws
Other parts required to finish build not included in kit:
- 2x Pro Micro or compatible controllers (Elite-C etc.)
- 34-38x Cherry MX-compatible or Alps switches
Available optional add-ons not included in kit:
- OLED screens
- Aluminium encoder knob
- TRRS cable
C. Mack (verified owner) –
Very nice super compact split-ergo kit