Welcome to Fruitbar Round 2, the long awaited successor to one of the most popular introductions to 40s keyboards!
The group buy is open from 11 February until 3 March (midnight GMT) and is expected to ship in May 2023.
Fruitbar is here to make the introduction to 40% keyboards as smooth as possible, and Round 2 improves on almost every aspect over the original round from Fruitykeeb.
Some of the improvements for Round 2 are:
- Better layout support – supported layouts have been expanded to include better bottom row and split spacebar options, stepped caps lock, and improved ISO compatibility
- Factory-assembled PCB with integrated powerful RP2040 controller! Soldering and assembling your Fruitbar is easier than ever and takes less than half the time as Round 1
- Optional stacked acrylic case is available (designed and produced by 42. Keebs)
- International Vendors – International shipping is always a pain, and while we aren’t able to solve this for everyone, we’ve done our best to bring on vendors for the major regions from R1
- We are humbled to be the European Vendor
- Antstar with customkbd.com is the Australian Vendor
- Jake of p3dstore.com is the North America / Rest of World Vendor
- Factory-assembled PCB – you only need to solder in switches of your choice, or install Mill Max switch sockets to make the PCB hotswappable
- Base kit compatibility! With almost every GMK and ePBT base kit including arrows and the extra 2.25u shift key, Fruitbar is compatible with the majority of your existing keycap sets!
- Full QMK/Vial support – comes pre-flashed with Vial for easy on-the-fly keymap modification using the Vial software
- Optional OLED screen – navigating layers can sometimes be hard on 40s, the OLED screen provides an easy and customizable readout of what layer is currently active
- Supports optional EC11 rotary encoder in the top right position
- RGB underglow can be added easily using a WS2812B LED strip
- Factory-assembled PCB (red soldermask, white silk screen printing, gold-plated contacts)
- FR4 switch plate (white)
- FR4 bottom plate (white)
- Screws and Standoffs
- Silicone feet
Required parts not included in the kit:
- 51-57x Cherry MX-compatible switches (depending on the layout)
- 0-1x 6.25u or 7u + 0-5x 2u PCB-mounted stabilizers (depending on the layout; plate-mounted stabilizers are not supported)
Optional add-ons available:
- 0.91″ OLED screen
- EC11 encoder
- Aluminium encoder knob
- EVA switch plate foam
- EVA case foam
- Acrylic mid-layer (coming soon)
Group Buy Terms
This is a Group Buy (GB) product. It is currently not in stock and will be manufactured for you after the GB period. As such, there are no refunds available (except at the discretion of 42. Keebs in exceptional circumstances) once the GB has closed and the order has been submitted to the manufacturer. Please make sure you consider this before joining.
If you join this GB, your order will ship after production is completed approximately in May 2023. However, delays can happen due to circumstances beyond our control during manufacturing and/or shipping. The ship date is a conservative estimate and is not guaranteed.
Please do not add in-stock items to the same order unless you’re happy to receive them at the same time as the group buy items.
There are no reviews yet.